Fitness for Mums to Be
Adult Fitness ~ Mums to Be
Mums to be who stay fit and active during pregnancy find it easier to manage their changing shape and weight gain. Antenatal, or prenatal, excercise also helps in coping with labour and postnatal recovery.
Good for Baby
• Prenatal stimuli accelerate development of your baby’s brain.
• Exercise early in pregnancy stimulates placental growth.
• Exercise in late pregnancy may improve placental function.
• Babies from active mums tend to be leaner, with stronger muscles.
Good for You
• Improves your energy levels and stamina to get through labour.
• Improves your circulation which slows during pregnancy.
• Reduces aches and pains caused by poor posture.
• Increasing muscular strength and endurance easies everyday tasks
Currently Bee-fit does not offer Antenatal classes but The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) produced Guidelines for Recreational Exercise and Pregnancy. Follow this link to find out more RCOG Guidelines.
Remember that exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous to be beneficial.