Classes for Mothers with Babies 6 weeks old +
Our Babyfit mother and baby Classes are designed for you to regain fitness, postnatal. Half an hour of fun, safe postnatal exercise with your baby, including time for a drink, for babies to play and mums to chat.
While baby watches on your class begins with a 30 minute Postnatal session paying special attention to those areas that may have been neglected during pregnancy. For some exercises babies get involved too, as weights*. We also include songs for babies while we exercise which are great to practice at home as well.
Then we have 15 minutes for you and your baby to make new friends whilst playing with stimulating toys and more songs.
* Hand weights are available for those mums, or babies, who prefer them
Postnatal Exercise – The Benefits
If you’re not sure whether you should exercise after child birth, see below or contact Tina.
Postnatal exercise sessions should be specifically tailored to the exercise needs of new mums. Exercises designed to be effective and, above all, safe workouts.
It is unrealistic to expect that new mums will slip into that tight little black number just weeks after delivery but exercise will accelerate your postnatal recovery. You’ll not only benefit physically but emotionally as well, finding energy to see you through the day with baby.
- Core Strength; increase stability and flatten your stomach with deep abdominal exercises
- Pelvic Floor; your pelvic floor supports your bladder, bowel and uterus. Conditioning the Pelvic floor helps avoid incontinence and raise your libido
- Energy levels; enhance that feeling of well being with exercise-induced endorphins, not to mention the social side of being with other new mums
- Back Strength; learn correct techniques of lifting baby to reduce the risk of back prain as well as improving upper body strength
- Fatburning; regular exercise raises your heart rate and helps fat burn
It’s important for new mum’s to get active with some postnatal exercise. The POGP produce this booklet, Fit & Safe: Exercise in the Child Bearing Years.
When & Where
Please see the Fitness Classes Calendar for current dates and times.
Contact Worthing Leisure Center for prices and to make your booking. Entry includes Free Play at Amazon Adventure / Tumbling Tinies after the class.